If you've recently arrived in the UK, this site gives you information about your housing rights.
You can go straight to the advice about meeting your housing needs by clicking the links at the top of this page - choose the one that best describes your immigration status.
You can also:
- find out how the housing system in England and Wales works
- find out if you are eligible for housing or for help if you are homeless
- find out how to obtain a rented home through the local council or apply as homeless to local councils
- find out about housing associations and new migrants
- find out about whether you can claim housing benefit to help pay for your housing
- learn about challenging discrimination in housing
- see links to a list of other organisations that can assist you.