You are the parent of an EEA national child in education with a right to reside until the child completes their course if:

Note that the child’s parent need only to have been a worker during any time while the child was resident here, it is not necessary for the child to have started their course then.

The child has the right to reside while finishing the course of education, and the parent or parents with care of the child (whether EEA citizens or not) also have the right to reside. There is no requirement that the child or parent/s in this case be self-sufficient.

For children in school, finishing a course of education means completing their compulsory school education.

When a child completes five years with this right to reside they get the permanent right to reside (for more on this see here for England and Wales and here for Scotland).