Skip to main content

housing rights logoHousing rights information England & Wales

New Arrivals

EEA students

This page is for new arrivals. If you are a housing adviser please click here for information more relevant to you.

If you are an EEA national studying in the UK you have a right to reside if:

  • you are currently studying on a course in the UK
  • you have signed a declaration at the beginning of the course that you are able to support yourself without social assistance (which means needing means-tested benefits) and
  • the declaration was true when you signed it and for the foreseeable future and
  • you have comprehensive health insurance for the UK (although this is actually provided because you have access to the NHS).
Chartered Institute of Housing

Background Topics

Chartered Institute of Housing