Skip to main content

CIH Scotland

New Arrivals

EEA students

This page is for new arrivals, If you are a housing adviser please click here for information more relevant to you.

If you are an EEA national studying in the UK you have a right to reside if:

  • you are currently studying on a course in the UK
  • you have signed a declaration at the beginning of the course that you are able to support yourself without social assistance (which means needing means-tested benefits) and
  • the declaration was true when you signed it and for the foreseeable future and
  • you have comprehensive health insurance for the UK (which can be a European Health Insurance Card obtained in your home country if you are not intending to stay permanently in the UK, or private comprehensive sickness insurance).

Background Topics

Chartered Institute of Housing Scotland